Friday, March 19, 2010

Going Rogue by Sarah Palin

I've kept this book carefully hidden in my bedroom because there are too many people who would sneer at me for reading it. Nevertheless, with 1.6 million copies (hard cover) in print, it aroused my curiosity. There are no real surprises. Except for the political activity, the Palins do seem to be a typical American family. I was a little disappointed that Sarah did not talk more about how she handled being a mother and active politician at the same time after Trig was born, but I realized that the book presents her in a way that would support a further political career. She knew full well that quitting the governorship might end her career, but she and Alaska's legal team were inundated with FOI requests and complaints of ethics violations and they weren't getting much else done. It was death by a thousand cuts and she simply decided to shake it off and move on. Sarah is a very tough and interesting person and it will be fun to see what she does next.

No comments: